We need Big Red changes
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
- We need more funding for the arts. Students have paint but do not canvases in the art room. Students sing in the halls but there is not a chorus or a space to learn and develop these skills. Students have one director who leads band and orchestra, while many other schools have two different people filling those roles.
- We need to lessen the divide between IB and traditional. There is minimal interaction between the programs and it seems as if we are in separate schools.
- We need more support instead of discouragement from the IB program for electives and extracurricular activities.
- We need proper recognition of and punishment for sexual harassment and bullying. This should not be brushed to the side, even for athletes.
- We need clean bathrooms with soap, towels, locks and feminine products.
- We need nutritious and filling food options. For some students, the breakfast and lunch provided might be their only meals of the day.