Home workout routine: quarantine edition
This is a hard time for everyone. Many places are closed and people are staying quarantined. This leaves an abundance of time available to some people that may not have had that opportunity before.
Even though during this catastrophe it is easy to get out of shape and eat poorly, it is recommended that you continue trying to exercise.
Here are five exercises that can help you stay healthy:
- Start with some traditional planks. Lying face down on the ground, prop yourself up into a forearm plank position. Make sure your elbows are aligned underneath your shoulders and that your hands are balled up in fists. Your forearms should be parallel to one another. Hold for 10 to 20 seconds per set.
- Another good exercise is the curl-up. Lying face up on the ground move your legs to about a 90-degree angle. Lift your shoulder blades off the ground and try to keep your feet in place. Do about 10 to 20 per set.
- A great lower ab workout is just lifting your legs off of the ground. Lay faceup on the floor and make your legs as straight as possible. Lift your legs six inches off the ground while keeping them straight. Hold for 10 to 20 seconds per set.
- The Russian twist is an exercise targeting the abdominals and the obliques. Beginning from a position that resembles stopping midway through a sit-up, it involves twisting side to side. These take a bit longer to feel in your abs so try to do about 30 to 40 per set.
- Lay on your back with legs extended straight toward the ceiling at hip level, upper body resting on mat, and arms clasped in front of chest. Using lower abs, curl torso up off floor and reach hands toward toes. Do 15 reps.